Monday, May 21, 2012

I feel like my whole world has just cracked in half...


This morning was one of the most difficult times in my life.

I lost...

My Sweet Bageira.







Sadly, this comes one month after my other baby, Petey, disappeared. 






No more greeting me at the door, no more sleeping by my side, no more making me smile just by existing. 






This is excruciating.








 I know that I will get through this and things will eventually become routine again, it will just take time to adjust to them not being around.



It seems silly to most people that I could feel this heartbroken over a couple of cats.  But most people have someone who means something to them, whether that be a spouse or a child.  I do not have these.  My pets are my only companions.  For me, losing one of them is like losing a child.

I'm writing this blog post because I want people to understand that love is love and pain is pain.  Whether it be for another person or for a cat.  NEVER diminish someone Else's pain and NEVER underestimate their love for something.  Be kind to people when they are in need, even if you don't understand their sadness.  Be kind to people in general because you never know what that person is going through.

 Be kind to people simply because its the right thing to do.




10 comments:

  1. Oh Sweetheart I am so sorry! I have 2 kitties myself and I don't even want to think about it. I send my love!!!! I am sorry that you have to go through this pain. If I could I would do it for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Your words are greatly appriciated.

      Delete
  2. So sorry about your cats - I'm a cat person too and totally understand. My heart goes out to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much. It gets easier as days go by, but of course, they will remain in my memories forever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Paula I always say Kindness is being kind for no reason. So we feel your pain, but oh the message you are sharing is much much more. I had a cat just like that -- Blessings Terri http://morningdewdrops.com It takes courage to share these things to the world, but someone needed to hear your message.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. I feel it is my duty to give my fair share of kindness to the world. I hope that I did help someone.

      Delete
  5. Paula, I'm so sorry for your loss. I was devastated each time I lost a pet. "Family" doesn't always have 2 legs... Big hugs to you. (I found your blog through the "Just Journals" Link)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your so right about pets being family. He was very much a part of my little family. Thank you for your comment and for taking the time to look through my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry you've lost your best friends. They can stay in your soul body with you. Probably will not have left you :D <3 Much love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I will always hold them in my heart and mind and thankfully Ive had my sweet, goofy dog to help fill the void and make me smile. She keeps me busy! Thank you so much for your comment and for stopping by my blog!

      Delete